This Sage E-learning level three course is for individuals who are already employed in payroll or have similar job roles or run their own business. It is aimed at people who wish to enhance their existing knowledge and skills to perform
advanced routine and non-routine tasks using a computerised payroll package. This course should not be attempted unless you have achieved a qualification at Level Two or have sound knowledge of day to day payroll functions
including processing SSP and SMP.
What subjects are covered?
You will learn how to:
• Enter voluntary and statutory additions and deductions
• Process the payroll for different periods including the correction of errors
• Produce reports to enable reconciliation of payments and deductions to external agencies including HMRC and pension providers
• Operate national insurance for directors
• Maintain payroll data and system security
• Process period and year end information and produce all required reports
What do you get?
• Access to Sage 50 Payroll V20 software for six months (RRP £500)
• Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations.
What is the study mode?
All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you. You can also purchase a hard copy of the course workbook to keep for future reference.
How long will it take?
The course usually requires eight of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months.
How are you assessed?
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online assessment.
What qualification do you receive?
Upon completion, you will be awarded with the Sage 50 Payroll Level 3 Certificate.
What could you do after this course?
After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the Computerised Accounting Qualifications or the CIMA Accredited Sage Certificate.
Successful completion of the Payroll level 2 or a good working knowledge of payroll functions,including processing SSP and SMP.